We will keep your information secure and confidential
This means that we will:
- recognise that you are sharing personal information with us and treat it as confidential, as directed by the Code of Practice for Statistics
- only use your information for statistical purposes, or to help us run our surveys, and not publish anything that identifies an individual, household or business
- only hold your information for as long as it is being used for producing statistics
- provide survey information to other government departments, approved organisations and approved researchers for statistical purposes only, subject to the same standards of protection we apply (and according to the provisions of the Data Protection Legislation, the Statistics and Registration Services Act and the Code of Practice for Statistics)
- ensure our staff are aware of their obligations to protect your confidential information
- maintain the security of our systems and our buildings
Who can access the information?
We employ third-party providers to assist us in survey data collection. These third parties work under our instruction, and are strictly used as technical service providers in a capacity as a data processor. We retain your data and control how this is used. The third parties we work with are:
- Google Cloud Platform service
- Amazon Web Services
- GOV.UK Notify
Where can I find out more about how my information will be treated?
If you have a question about how we process your personal data or want to find out more about your rights under data protection legislation, please see our protection page.